Cooper 16 Months OldPosted: February 4, 2010 Filed under: Uncategorized 3 Comments »
Where has time gone? I cannot believe that Cooper is almost a year and a half old. So many changes in his life that they are hard to even list here. But I thought I would give a fun update on how my little Cooper is growing…
- Cooper started to walk at 14 months old Thanksgiving weekend!
- Cooper stopped bottle feeding at 12 months old and started to drink from a straw cup, but he still got a bottle before bed.
- At 14 months, I weaned Cooper of his nighttime bottle and he solely drinks milk from a sippy cup during his 3 meals of the day.
- Cooper move to one nap early- at 12 months old. He took a solid 2.5- 3 hour nap during the day and 11 hours at night. Still doing that expect his nap is a little shorter now.
- Cooper’s communication skills continue to improve. He understands a simple two step command now. So I can tell him to pick up his truck and put it in the basket and he’ll do it. He is also still signing and saying a few more words. Currently he signs: ball, all done, more, yes, sleep/tired, potty (sometimes), help, eat/ hungry, and milk. Cooper will say: car, hi, hey, da, dada, daddy, all done “all gun”, dog “gu”, help “hu”. We have caught him saying- thank you, turtle (on the intonation), and more- but he does not say these consistently or hardly at all. He quacks like a duck and barks like a dog. I also have heard him recently mooing like a cow.
- Cooper has some favorite foods- bananas, blue berries, hot dogs, crackers, sweet potato, and butternut squash. He eats pretty much all fruit, very little veggies, most cheese, and some meat (chicken nuggets/ hotdogs).
- Cooper is starting to enjoy being read to. This has become a huge part of our bedtime routine. He will sit on Chris or my lap and contently listen to story after story.
- Cooper is still obsessed with cars, but will play with some other toys more often now. His favorite thing to do is line his cars up on the window sill in the playroom. Quite cute if you ask me!
- Cooper knows some body parts now- he can identify his head, belly button, nose, eyes, and tongue.
I’m so in love!
My Buddy, Pooka! Way too cute.
Awww, thanks for the great update! The close-up pictures are so good, too. Cooper, you are growing into such a handsome little man (well, you always were)! 🙂
Miss you guys!